Saturday, April 30, 2011

My Passionate Tears


I am a softy. When it comes to happy endings, sweet reunions, unwanted goodbyes, death, and dogs I cant help but cry. I have probably cried in just about every dog movie that has come out (My Dog Skip, Marley and Me, Fox and the Hound, Lassie Come Home, and of course Hachi) My most recent cause of crying was in the movie Source Code, yes, that is the action packed train one. However, despite the action, my tears were free flowing. I used to get embarrassed when I cried at small things such as 90 year old couples still showing love, cute movies, or soldiers reuniting with their families but not anymore. As I sat in Source Code I did not hide my tears, I let them each run down my cheek. It made me think of all the times I have cried, whether it was because of hurt feelings, happiness, pain, goodbyes, dogs, undying love, or happy endings, each of those reasons that brought about tears are my passions. I am a very passionate person. Is it wrong to strive for happiness, undying love, or a happy ending? I cry because of my passion. So yes, I cry because of happiness. Yes, I cry because I love love. Yes, I cry because I want a dog soooo badly. Yes, I cry in movies. Yes, I cry at funerals. Yes, I cry at goodbyes. Yes, I cry. I cry, and I love it. So all you tear shedders of the world be proud. You show emotion, you show passion.  The world could use more passionate tears; to often we are caught in the hurried pace of life trying to find the quick fix or easy money. Find your passions, your loves and go for them. And don’t be afraid to cry along the way.

1 comment: