Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My journey begins...

And so my journey begins. I am beyond excited for my new adventure into the great unknown!! As I reflect on these past few weeks I realize all the amazing people I have been surrounded by! My family, friends, church leaders….ALL have played a major part in shaping me into the person I am. A few months ago I made the decision to serve a mission. I was never planning on serving a mission. I had a pretty rockin 5 year plan, and a mission was nowhere to be found on it. But there is no mistaking Heavenly Father’s hand in this decision. And while my 5 year plan was great, and I had to accept some hard changes, I know it was not the 5 year plan for me. And even though I am scared, nervous, and unsure about this new and improved plan for me. I know I am choosing the right and confidence comes with that knowledge. And I know I am doing the right thing. So I can take those shaky, unsure steps into my future with complete confidence. On pinterest I saw this awesome quote that said, “we must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so the God can give us the life that is waiting for us.” I have complete confidence in my Heavenly Father. Now my wait to leave is over and I report to the Provo MTC tomorrow. And the only word that keeps coming to mind is: grateful. I am grateful to my familiy who have supported me, loved me, and been there for me through the good and bad. Grateful for loyal, loving friends who put up with my crazy personality and obnoxious laugh. Grateful for the people, teachers, and leaders who taught me throughout my life. I am just so grateful. I truly love each and every one of you. Aurevoir mes amis! I am soo excited for this new adventure!!

Ps. My mom will be updating this blog with my letters. You can also email or write me at the following addresses:


Email: lrichardson@myldsmail.net

Mail:
            MTC:
MTC Mailbox #296
                        FRA-LYON 0514
                        2005 N 900 E
                        Provo, UT 84604
                        (April 3rd- May 14th)

            France:
France Lyon Mission
                        Lyon Business Centre
                        59 rue de l’Abondance
                        69003 Lyon
                        FRANCE
                        (May 14th-Oct 2014)

Vive La France

No comments:

Post a Comment