Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mr. Sunshine

Today I had my regular Tuesday commute to Salt Lake, its starting to get old. Maybe its getting so old because I drive up by myself...BORING!! Not only is driving up to SLC boring because I go alone, but it inhibits me from driving in the carpool lane. I am uncontrollably jealous of this convenient feature, for those lucky enough to have two passengers, on the way home. While I sit in rush hour traffic, the lucky carpoolers speed pass me without the slightest hint of sympathy. While these commutes are becoming more and more dreaded it provides me plenty of time to listen to my music. It has made me realize how important music is to me. It truly influences me. Lately I have been on a Ingrid Michaelson kick. I LOVE her. Her music provides peace and comfort to my nerves, especially as I impatiently sit in traffic. I am what some call music bipolar. I got through phases in my music. Before Ingrid I was on a hard core Rap kick, before that country, and before that Michael Buble. I don't exactly know how those all connect to each other, especially in that order, but I love it. I love loving all walks of music, I can literally listen to anything! I love discovering new music, seeing how it translates into my life and influences the happenings within me. These past few weeks have been wonderful. Whether it has been the music I've been listening to or the people I have been with. Whichever, I hope it continues. The sun was shining today, I love it when the sun shines. Sunny places make me happy and I love being happy!! So shine away Mr. Sunshine, the people of Provo could use more smiles. Live, laugh, and love. Life is worth living.

1 comment: