Sunday, September 28, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom

July 29, 2014

Hello my dearests!! Sorry emails are a day late! We had our training in Clermont Ferrand yesterday! It took all day! The train ride was 2 1/2 hours! #woof But It was fun to visit a different ville! There is a really cool cathedral made of Volcanic Rock! #googleit The conference was great! I really love the APs! Elder Taua and Elvidge! They are solid missionaries and had a fun training! I even played a special part in the Zone Training hahaha I had to stand up during the conference and sing and dance (move side to side) during the Nurses presentation to make her laugh! I had to sing the beginning part of the Carpenters song Sing, Sing a song...., Which I surprisingly remembered!! Anyways it was really funny and she LOVED it! Plus the APs asked me...I just couldn’t say no hahahah :) I just love the mission. Honestly our mission is full of hardworking, dedicated missionaries! It was also Interviews with President. OH MY GOODNESS I LOVE PRES!!! He was really complimentary and we had a really great chat together! He is such a wise man! 

Last week was great! (a little tiring comme d'habitude mais ça va haha j'ai survécu) We had b2b exchanges...meaning we had back-to-back exchanges with other sisters. It about killed us! hahaha They were two magnificent exchanges but I don’t know why they just wear you down much quicker! Soeur Roberts and me were happy to see each other again after 48 hours haha I got to do an exchange with Soeur Andersen and then Soeur Bagley! Both SOLID missionaries! Soeur Andersen came in with me and it was fun to work with her for the day! 

The highlight of the week by far was our RDV with William and his Family. They are our bishop’s best friends! We set up a picnic/hike with them. It was PERFECT. Literally one of the most perfect days in the world! From the weather to their sweet family! We were all together from 10am until 9pm. Not one awkward minute! I connected really well with their 11-year-old daughter Sarah! We were connected at the hip the entire day! Actually they reminded me a lot of Maddie and Kynlie. Gosh dang I miss those two! It was like all our good times growing up! We picnicked in the woods next to a small pond and then hiked to a beautiful waterfall then explored the quaint town together. Then we went to Williams house and we launched of Balloons. Basically released the balloons with notes for people to find. Of course being extremely missionaryish I put "God loves you. Learn of his plan. Mormon.org" I just love being a missionary. But really. It is THE best. After we ate dinner together. Literally we are obsessed with them! AHHHHH En plus they are moving to Chicago area in October. I know 100% I will stay in contact with them! I can’t even tell you how amazing it was. They LOVED us. We LOVED them. The spirit was present! AHHHH it was the best day! I can’t even fully explain it! 

We went on another adventure this week to a small Medieval village called Pérouge! Honestly it was so adorable and French Soeur Roberts and I could hardly stand it! We keep breaking out into the opening scene of Beauty and the Beast "bonjour, bonjour, bonjour bonjour bonjour!!! There goes the baker with his tray like always!" It was ADORABLE! As we were entering the gate I heard this magical sound as I advanced yes my friends you guessed it....A LIVE HARPIST! I about DIED! I literally was freaking out! We tried the local Galette and had a MAGICAL time. #disney We went with our Amis Christian and Christine. It went really well. We asked loads of very direct questions and concluded that they have loads of baptismal potential we just need to get them going in the right direction. (They have been coming to church for 20yrs) Anyways it was a magical day! 

Missionary work is going great! We hare meeting loads of great people who have loads of potential.....vacation time makes things difficult!! But life goes on. And this church continues to boom! This is the true church of God. Christ lives. Love is the key.

Love you all. 


Soeur Richardson

No comments:

Post a Comment