Sunday, September 28, 2014

Kebabin' It UP

April 28, 2014 

        I have eaten way to many Kebabs this week. If you don’t know what a Kebab is....don’t Google it....just come visit me and we will go get them! I got them on my exchange (i exchanged with Soeur Rose, she is German, and has been dying to try on in France) and then me, Suin, Soeur Bentley, Elder DuPre, and Elder Taylor got Kebabs to celebrate Suins Baptismal Interview...which she passed with flying colors! Moral of the story: I ate way to much of that greasy goodness this week. NEVER AGAIN! ....haha  
It amazes me how much stuff we accomplish in one week. Literally we have done LOADS. We started off this week with Leadership Council aka Jedi Council. It is a training with all the Zone Leaders and Sister Training Leaders. Meaning I got to see S. Mod and Stevens. It was the greatest! Soeur Mod stayed the night and it was a party!! So fun to catch up! The Jedi Council was amazing. We actually watch the video #becauseofHim....clearly I cried. It was amazing! Jedi Council was extremely inspiring and I grew such an appreciation for the leaders of the mission! Our Assitants are FABULOUS (Sagers and Visser) and all the ZLs and STLs are QUALITY! So grateful for the opportunity to associate with all of them! I also got to see Elder Hapi and Olivier! Elder Olivier gave me the nicest compliment. Telling me that I he could always count on me to work hard and do my best and was one of the most faith filled missionaries he has worked with. It was way to nice of him! I have been so blessed with the ZLs, DLs, and STLs that have taken care of me! They are so Christlike! I hope I can get up to their level! At the conference President talked about the BOM. We prayed to have a spiritual witness right now that the BOM was true. He prayed for us and the spirit was SO powerful. Unreal. I can’t explain it. I have been having so many spiritually powerful experiences lately. I can really feel myself becoming close friends with the Holy Ghost. I am coming to know him more. It’s a fun journey. 
So I know you are all dying to know! Suin was baptized! It was the most beautiful service I have attended! The spirit was so strong! As she was up bearing a POWERFUL testimony me and Soeur Bentley realized how much of a miracle she is. She was baptized in a month...4 weeks! I literally was there for more than half of her experience with missionaries! The service was magical.  She was slightly afraid of water (like most Asians) but it went well! We had loads of support at the baptism. We had such a powerful musical number. Packie, a young adult here, happens to speak a little Korean. Well she sang a musical number and did half of the song in French (which is her second language…and speaks fluently) and then surprised her with a verse in Korean. Of Course Suin BURST into tears...along with the whole room. It was so powerful. Suin was beaming!!! She kept saying "I feel like I am getting married today...I AM SO EXCITED!" She is absolutely fabulous. After the service on the metro she said...."I think I need to marry a Mormon...I better start looking...So I can raise my children with these beliefs. To be strong. And go to the temple." #GOLDEN We are going out to Korean BBQ to celebrate this Thursday! She is determined to come to BYU. We taught her the entire lesson in French because as I said...she is FLUENT but has been attending English class so she can get accepted! She is adorable! 
This week was Zone Training. Which was so much fun! We got to teach half of it. I LOVE teaching. I LOVE it! We taught on the questionnaire we have started doing while contacting (which is SO inspired! It works wonders!! we set so many RDVs, get numbers, etc.) It went really well. Soeur Bentley and I are loving each other...at least I really love her! hahaha She is such a joy to work with! We are really connected on our wavelengths...its been so much fun! We ate dinner at one of the Senior Couples homes Sunday night, the Kennards. It was so fun! They served us a famous dish Cassoulet from Carcassonne. It was delicious and such a fun night! I am so grateful for senior-couple missionaries!! They add such a great spirit! 

I love my mission. I love being a missionary. I am so happy. And it is because of Him. He loves you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment