Sunday, September 28, 2014

Mon GAGA

April 22, 2014 

           Lyon est mon gaga!!! (Which means I am OBSESSED with Lyon!!!) I have fallen completely in love with this city!!! So much has happened in the past week its crazy! Lyon is nonstop!! Loads of people and that means loads of contacting with means loads of great stories! One being Soeur Bentley contacting a member on the bus and awkwardly telling us...I am actually an active member of the church (#4wardsinLyon).  And then there is the story of me contacting an old woman...who then punched me in the stomach saying..."NOW THATS ENOUGH"! hahaha Nothing better than taking a hit for the Lord! We were dying laughing!!!
Me and Soeur Bentley have been having a marvelous time together!! We get along great!!! I love her to death! I have never met anyone so sincere and big hearted!! We know how to laugh and handle stress, which has been soooo great because this assignment asks a lot...but I absolutely love it! 
This week I have had the opportunity to work very closely with loads of members! I am absolutely obsessed with Fr. Girard!!! He is a recent convert but soooooo solid in every possible way!! He is the ultimate missionary!!! Along with Sr. Musquet!! She is the sweetest and always ready to help!! Not to mention the billions of Young Adults who are patiently awaiting a call to serve us in any way! One of my favorite Fr. Girard and Sr Musquet stories was we were supposed to teach a less active at Fr. Girards...well less active doesn’t show. Man oh man was he so positive! He said, "Well that’s okay!!! Now you can teach me the lesson!!! I love this gospel!!" We ended with a kneeling prayer (in which he got blankets out to put on his tile floor so it wouldn’t hurt our knees). We kneeled in prayer together in his small little apartment and I about started crying. Family, friends...do you realize how true our church is? This is 100% true. I know it. I am converted. There is no denying it. 
Now I will tell you about our ADORABLE ami Suin. She is Korean and absolutely perfect. When I got here she was ready to get into the font but just not serious about! Well we decided to be bold and get her going. She will be baptized this Saturday and is SO EXCITED! She is telling everyone about how she gets to be baptized on Saturday and wants to spend every waking minute with us! She actually searched the site and found us! When I came in they had taught the first 2 lessons...so we have been working over time with her but the Lord has really prepared her. She had a friend who was Mormon in Korea and knew all about all our doctrine...also thanks her strict parents had NO problems with Word of Wisdom or Law of Chastity!! Woot Woot. She is quite literally a "golden ami" I am so excited for her and she LOVES us! I told the Lord that I didn’t want to baptize ANYONE who would not be a strong converted member of the church! I feel so confident in her and know she will do great things and be such an example for others! It’s perfect timing for me to come in and help things out. I have been extremely blessed with the language lately...its just come. (thanks also to great comps and my Frenchie comp!) Our amis are starting to get down to business! I love being a missionary!!! Pray for her to stay strong these next few days. The days leading up to a baptism are always the hardest! 
We have been crazy busy with appointments and less actives, planning exchanges, helping with all other missionary duties and jobs that happen in Lyon...its been crazy!! But I feel so blessed because I get to work with great missionaries and loads of potentials in the streets!!! Hurray for loads of people!! Today we went on a hike with all the missionaries! Of course Suin came because she wants to spend every minute with us! It was a party!  We hiked basically up a mountain but it was fun to get out of the city and into the hills! Lyon is so diverse! I am blown away with the quality of missionaries we receive and how hard we all try to be our best! I am blessed to be surrounded by great examples. And feel so blessed with the opportunity I have to be on my mission to do ALL I can to help the work of the lord. It is His work and I will do ALL I can! 

Love the Lord and Keep his commandments. 
Soeur Louie

*sorry these emails aren’t very put together!!! I have no time!! But know I love and pray for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment