Sunday, September 28, 2014

Shout Outs!

April 7, 2014 –
WHAT A WEEK!!! 

I would like to start off with a few shoutouts:
HOLLA to TJ (my little Bro) who will be serving in the TOKYO South Japan Mission. I am beyond excited for you to join the force as a servant of the Lord!!! I can’t think or talk about it without beginning to Cry. All the Sisters in my apartment were screaming as if it was their little bro. 
Which brings me to my next shout out: HOLLA to my Roomies Soeur Witt, Soeur DeO, and of course Soeur Obel! I love these girls with all my heart. Literally, I am just obsessed with these Soeurs. The thought of transfer calls and the possibility that we will part each other....is devastating! Regardless what happens this Friday I have made life long friends...dare I be super-missionaryish and say eternal friends!!! hahah but for reals...Love you all! 
HOLLA to my Daddio!! What a man. It was sad to see him get released from his calling but such a blessing to see him on our little TV screen all the way in little ChambĂ©ry France. He is such an example of a true Disciple of Christ. Love you Daddio!! 
HOLLA to the Prophet and Apostles. Dang what a good conference. Just the boost I needed for the next 6 months! 
This week has been fabulous! I can not even believe that I hit my one year mark on mission!!! WHAT?! I got to celebrate my one-year anniversary with my district. Elder Heck bought me a pastry. And I got to give my testimony hahah #missionary #party It was a wondrous day and it ended with a full blown home cooked African Meal. I am obsessed with African food and its culture! #congocomp (see pic attached for full view of meal) It was a marvelous day filled with people I love (another shout out to my roomies). I got to do an exchange with Soeur DeO. She is fabulous. It was a gorgeous day filled with sunshine and beautiful Aix-les-bains flowers. I have never seen such amazing flowers in my life. We went contacting by the lake and around Aix marveling at the beauty and keeping happy attitudes because literally not ONE person stopped to talk to us the whole day...sigh. We remained happy and positive and even stuck our feet in the water. Which I don’t think is against the rules (taking the example from a former STL hahaha). 
This week the family Arnaud invited us over for lunch and to Garden. It was another magical day. I love that family with all my heart. They are so converted!!! Their little grandson was with them and he was adorable! We ate a DELICIOUS French meal, and then got to work. I LOVE gardening!! I got the tough job of tilling the ground...because I was the only one who could get the shovel thing in the ground hahaha I was working up a sweat!!! RICHARDSON WORK ETHIC!! :) R5 forever! I love that family soo very much it kills me! Their less active daughter just "happened" to come while we were still there! We killed her with kindness and became great friends! I love this little Branch and the efforts they are making to share and even re-share the gospel!! 
We also say a less active named sister. She has physical handicaps yet is still a mother of 3 energetic children! I don’t know how she does it. We spent the whole afternoon with her and her 3 kids, teaching them primary songs, praying with them, eating (boo ya...Tartiflette). She lives in a small town called Yenne. I got to talk with Betty for a while and she really opened up about her concerns. Her husband is not supportive of the Church and she cant drive out by herself (due to her handicaps) Pray for soften hearts and miracles. Those three kids need that gospel-centered foundation!! The little kids were soooo attached to me!! All three were reaching for me, climbing and sitting on my lap...all at the same time...I miss my nephews and niece. There were all about the same ages of them. 
This conference weekend we had a waffle picnic!! Yes, strawberries, whip cream, and waffles! A conference Classic! It made my year. I LOVE WAFFLES! We sat in the sunshine as roomies and our friend Chan. He is great. So in other news how about a little story of Satan’s Angels.......Me and Soeur Obel were out doing a questionnaire that our Pres. came up with! It works wonders! I was giving one lady the questionnaire having an OUTSTANDING conversation and she asked me which church I was from. I confidently said, "The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints!!!!!" Her whole countenance changed and she immediately started calling me a sect. Trying to remain calm (I hate when people call us a sect btw), I smiled and explained "actually France has officially recognized us as a religion." She started cussing at me and calling me a lying sect-worshiper. She then started to grab the paper where I had recorded her answers wanting to tear and rip it to pieces. I grabbed it back because it had loads of other survey info on it and I said I would cross her answer of but I could not tear the sheet up. I had to literally cross her answers off. I told her have a nice day and walked away...surprisingly I was not mad or bugged. Just sad! I know that this church is true. No matter the opposition we are a part of the true church. GET CONFIDENT ABOUT FAMILY AND FRIENDS. Share your beliefs. As elder Holland stated, "Defend your beliefs with courtesy and with compassion, but defend them" As one of my favorite musicals states, NOW IS THE TIME TO SIEZE THE DAY" 

I love you all. Go fight win. I only have 6 months left to make a mark. Pray for open hearts, and more Christ like love on the Streets!! 

Soeur Richardson


No comments:

Post a Comment