Thursday, August 18, 2011

I Am Beautiful

A few months ago I looked in the mirror and didn’t recognize the person standing in front of me. Behind the dyed hair, eye shadow, prissy clothes, and lip gloss I could see my blue eyes. As I did a thorough examination I realized that this wasn’t me and this definitely wasn’t who I wanted to be. I took another step closer and looked really deep into my eyes, as if to somehow take a look into my soul. It was then I realized who I was and am. Behind the frills and makeup was a blue eyed, goofy, loud laughing, life-loving girl. There is nothing more embarrassing than realizing you have been trying to be something your not. While also trying to bring my “natural side” on my outer looks I am also trying to makeover my innards. I have never been happier. My hair is back to its strange reddish/blonde/brown color I hardly wear anything but mascara and have found so much inner contentment with the way I look and feel. A wise woman once said, “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” –Audrey Hepburn.  I think we all need to take a long look in the mirror and see if we are content with what we are doing in our lives. I hope we can all be comfortable in the skin we are in. Trust me, after 19 years of living there is nothing more exciting than to finally say, I am! “I am beautiful no matter what they say, words can’t bring me down.” (Beautiful, Christina Aguilera)

1 comment:

  1. I love this!!!
    And I have always thought you are so beautiful, and so funny!!!
    I look up to you; hope that doesn't sound creepy, coming from someone who hardly knows you, and I'm sure you dont know me well either, but I've always thought you're great (: (: Totally following!

    -schpiffanie.blogspot.com
    (:

    ReplyDelete