Monday, August 8, 2011

Jordan Taylor Brown



February 2011, I met one of my best friends. As I look back on the last few months I realize how much I am going to miss him but almost instantly that feeling of hurt is healed because I know what he is going to do is the right thing. Best friends are hard to come by. But sometimes it felt like the two of us were two peas in a pod. Sometimes we would say the same things, make the same strange voices, or do the same obnoxious face like we were tuned into each others channels, completely on the same wavelength.  A simple smile, a chuckle, or even a handshake from him could make my day.  I love to laugh and I love being happy. I find so much joy in being around those people who bring about those feelings and actions. If I had a dime for every time I laughed with Jord…my gosh I would be living life large! We used to take walks, not just any kind of walks, like 7 mile walks. I mapped one out once and it was about 7.5 miles. These walks were always eventful, full of interesting conversation, tons of laughter, and crazy adventures! I truly came to understand his nickname “monkey” when he would constantly jump up on to anything that he could see. Through these walks I got to know the real Jord, I got to know his sweetness, his non-argumentative nature, his sense of humor, his strong sense for the gospel, his love of temples, his genuine compliments, his crazy voices and of course his love for volleyball!  Through the volleyball games, the long drives, the family dinners, the walks, the dates, and the tears I know without a doubt Jordan Taylor Brown has changed my life for the better. Who am I going to call when I have a bad day? Who am I going to make strange voices and faces with? I know that I will survive only because I know he is where he is supposed to be, preaching the gospel in El Salvador and Belize. He has inspired me to be better and stronger within the Gospel. Jordan Taylor I make you a promise while you are off serving the Lord and growing in the Gospel in El Salvador ,I will be working hard and doing the same in Provo, Utah. You are simply the best. I am so proud of my best friend. God Speed Elder Brown.  <3
Jord took a ballet class in college...haha my thoughts on this are obvious ;)
Mission call came!
Going to El Salvador and Belize!!
hence the monkey nickname :)
He picked me a bouquet of flowers one morning for breakfast.


My first off roading experience....CRAZY

Us.



3 comments:

  1. oh. my. gosh. i absolutely love this. we need to go get shaved ice ASAP/bikeride/ you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jordan and I read this together last night before we went to bed. So sweet and it absolutely made his day! He had the biggest smile on his face! Thank you for sharing this! Love you Louie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren you are the sweetest thing ever. Read this post it was darling.

    KaitGirl.blogspot.com
    @kaitlin4879

    xo kait

    ReplyDelete