Monday, May 6, 2013

April 29, 2013

Well, SURPRISE!! My P-day changed to Mondays......basically my whole MTC schedule changed. It stinketh. Breakfast at 6:30, lunch at 11am, and dinner at 4. I can't think of worse times.  But hey....nothing like a fun new curveball right?!!?!  So my P-days are now on Mondays until I leave for France...which is quickly coming up. I will get my "official" travel plans at the end of this week!! CRAZY! May 13th is coming quick!!
Well this week has been the most uneventful/eventful week. Basically things are getting a little redundant.  I mean when you do the exact same thing, eat the same things, do the same workouts...how can it not!  Luckily the weather has been on my side and I've been able to play sand volleyball! Boy is that a tender mercy!! Although...it does bring my competitive side out.  I am pretty good at controlling it and laughing things off.  The other day a Sister, who had "never even seen a volleyball" in her life, was serving.  She tried over hand and ended up hitting the girl directly in front of her! The whole court BURST out laughing.....and then of course I retorted with something witty and funny (haha ) by saying: "Wow it looks like someone needs a companionship inventory!"  And then I was like......OH NO, OH NO.  I did NOT just make a cheesy MTC joke!  The whole court was basically crying because of my joke and because of my reaction after it escaped my lips!  It was really funny!  So now I am known for coming up with witty, cheesy, MTC jokes...ha..not sure how I feel about that rep. ;)
            Elder Evans (Zach’s mission President?) gave a devotional! I didn't get to go say Hi afterwards though.  I did say “Hi” to the new YW General President, Sister Oscarson, who taught our Relief Society.  She did an awesome job!  She was way nice. Everyone did a fabulous job and was really nice and great!!
            Mom, Thanks everything especially the chocolate covered strawberries!!! WOW. My district about died!! As I did when I opened the package! What a fun surprise! You know me too well!! :)
            Souer Mod and I have started doing all our studies outside in the sun.  This has been very effective.  I am learning and happy.  I haven't felt like my French this week has grown at all. But in all honesty...it has! But I was expressing my concern of not progressing to my teacher. And she gave me a wonderful promise. She said, "I promise that if everyday you spend time reading the Livre De Mormon aloud, you will see progress in your language you wouldn't have seen otherwise." I have spent 30 minutes everyday and I have really felt the benefits so far. I am no longer using notes in my lessons. I am forming my own sentences and recalling things from my memory.  It has been a lot HARDER but it has been good. A few days ago I was teaching my "investigator" about the 1st vision and I tried SO hard to have it memorized before I went in. But I just couldn't get it. I was soooo sad...because I have a really hard time memorizing things. When I got in my lesson it came to my turn and I just put all my trust and faith in the Lord and began. It came out perfectly. I thought that all things are possible through Him. I then bore sincere testimony...and tears started flowing. The spirit was so strong. My grammar wasn't perfect...but the feeling that was there was. It was amazing. I got SO pumped to get to France. I can't WAIT to share my simple truths with FRANCE!!! Vive la France!!!!!

Make sure that you watch the talk by Elder Bednar called, "Becoming a Missionary." Please watch it! It’s AMAZING. Well...its time for me to get off the computer. Be good! Pray hard!

LOVE YOU ALL!!! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment