Sunday, September 28, 2014

100% Reason to Remember the Name

September 8, 2014

This week was FILLED with Miracles!!! It just shows that with hard work and loads of Faith miracles follow!!!! 

So as you know we have had contact with Sonia!!!! She is a Miracle!!!! We taught her the Retab and at the end of it she said. "I am EXHAUSTED of looking for the truth. I have been searching my whole life...But I think that I feel a bit better." We invited her to pray to know if the LDM was true and if Joseph Smith was a prophet. Well....next rdv we followed up to see if she prayed. She had. That same night she had a dream. She was walking in the sacred grove and met Joseph Smith. She was dressed in all white. She talked with Joseph and after he laid his hands upon her head and she said she felt a peace she has never experienced in her life. (she has had a rough past). #MIRACLE We engaged her to be baptized for the 27th of Sept. But she might be out of town. SO SAD. I would have loved to see her story from beginning to end. Everyone start praying she doesn’t go out of town and is miraculously baptized. She is also in the process of stopping smoking. It’s hard. She got a blessing this Sunday after church and her smile after the blessing was HUGE. I love being a part of the work of God. 

Barbara our other investigator will be baptized the 27th. She is also miraculous! We taught her the plan of salvation and she was sooooo excepting!! After word we asked her, "well any final questions?" She said "yes just one....will you be there for my baptism?!" Of course my heart melted and I happily said "OF COURSE!!!!!" I love her sooo much!!! She was at church telling everyone about her baptismal date!! She is awesome! 

Our other ami Michel is praying to know the real truth. Is it the catholiques or the Mormons. HA I have no doubts or fears of what response he will be getting!! #heissincere He could also be baptized the 27th. He just needs to receive his answer!!! He is sooooo great! 

We have 3 potential baptisms for the 27th of September...so PRAYERS UNITE!! The work is BOOMING!! Our ward was out of this world happy when all 4 of our extremely cool amis came to church!! Sonia, Barbara, Michel, and Elise (with her two daughters!). Literally our ward has been giving our equipe references up the wazoo!!! They love us! We taught a JAs friend this Sunday. He is SUPER normal cool young guy! It went really well! His name is Fred. We are seeing him again next Sunday! 

It’s been such a fun week. All our investigators (ami's) LOVE US! Literally they keep saying...don’t leave Please!!!!!! One of our ami's broke into tears she was so sad I was leaving soon. I love Jamilla! She is the greatest!! She has been reading chapters in the Book of Mormon and LOVING them!! We have also been teaching her full on lessons. (we originally just went over to teach English). We had a dinner night with her! We made Egg in Toast or "wishing eggs" It was blast!!! 

This week has also been crazy busy with exchanges. We went to Dijon this week! It was weird to be out of Lyon. When we got back late the next night I felt like I had been gone for weeks and it felt good to be HOME!!! 

We had a crazy 1000-day. We united with the Paris mission and tried to find 1000 new potentials in one day! It was fun! We were also instructed to eat a mille-feuille pastery. Of course they two boulangeries we went to were SOLD OUT! Don’t worry we eventually found one! Mille-feuille translates to 1000 papers. It’s a pastry with 1000 sheets of pastry goodness and cream! YUM! 

Funny story! I contacted this lady on the metro and by the end of it she loved me sooo much she insisted on giving me this cute little angel necklace. GOODNESS, I love the people here. I love everyone. I just have felt this crazy overwhelming LOVE for every person here. I don’t want to leave at all. I don’t know HOW people know I am leaving. Honestly everyone comes up and asks how I am doing....they must of had some secret meeting about it or something! Soeur Magleby and I are so surprised each time some brings it up....HOW DO THEY KNOW! haha 

Long story short I am SO happy. I love doing the Lords work. LOVE IT. I am sooooooo happy. Leaving France will tear me apart.....not looking forward to it. But "it will all work out". God loves us, He knows us, and will give us what we need. 


No comments:

Post a Comment