Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wink Wink Nod Nod


A little birdie once told me, “you should write one about me.” Yes, you know who you are…. blonde, blue eyes, skinny, and drop dead gorgeous! It seems like only a short time ago I was holding one of the tiniest little, cutest babies I had ever seen in my life thinking to myself, “could she be anymore adorable??” I can remember going over to “the hidden house” with good old Chance for a weekend night babysitting job. Playing house, Movie Theater, Barbies, poly pockets, and dress ups. Through years of Christmas breaks, babysitting, cousin’s camp, and Sunday dinners together we built lasting, unforgettable memories. I always got sooo ecstatic when I discovered you were coming over for Sunday dinner, which would result in building full blown houses in the play room complete with personalized bedrooms! Through all of these years, I think back on all of the meaningful, fun memories, one sticks out the most.
It was a sunny, bright day in Seattle, WA. Spending the day in downtown Seattle had always been my favorite, we had just finished lunch at a fish n’ chips restaurant along the pier and thought it a good time to finish off the day with ice cream. Sitting at the picnic tables, each of us rivaling the sun with our neon camp shirts, we began to laugh uncontrollably. With such a large group we took up quite a few tables but somehow we ended up with our own. We began goofing off, making up a cool handshake to beat out the rest! (and can I just say…WE DID!) While I don’t remember our handshake, I don’t remember the year, and I don’t remember our conversation, I remember thinking how gorgeous, fun loving, and happy you are. Sure times change, we all start growing up but certain memories and relationships will never fade. As I have said before love is a powerful word. Know that I love you. I have grown up with you since your birth, I have been there from the beginning and I know you are going to be an amazing woman someday! There is one extremely lucky man for you in the future, who better live his life as near to perfect as he can to deserve such a girl as you. If I could give you one piece of advice for the up coming years in your life it would be this, be you. Love who you are and rock it! Never be afraid to stand-alone for what is right because in truth you never will be alone. I am always just a phone call away. You are loved and always will be.
One of my top 3 all time favorite quotes goes like this, "Laugh as much as you breathe and love as longs as you live." Live: step by step, enjoy each moment in life….babysteps. Laugh: until you get a 6 pack…I once read 100 laughs a day pushes death far away! Love: You are loved by family, friends, and me. Show love freely and willingly. Yes my dearest, favoritest cousin (wink wink nod nod) Live. Laugh. Love.  Remember dear readers, Love who you are, Live who you are, and ROCK IT! 

No comments:

Post a Comment