Tuesday, July 23, 2013

No More Feeling Sorry for Myself! - July 1, 2013


Well.... this week was AWESOME. I really cant even begin to explain the all the miracles and personal growth that have occurred. Honestly.... I can’t begin to express my gratitude to my Savior. This mission is such a building block to my "sure foundation." So as you know I am paired up with a Bleu. Soeur Luthi is AMAZING! She has a "go getter" attitude and is just a flat out hard worker. Being paired together is a testimony to me that God does extend the calls we receive. Being Senior Comp is hard. I no longer have the "I am a bleu" excuse. If something needs to be done I have to just take it by the horns and get it done. Which has really forced me to do things I wouldn’t have done last transfer. A lot of growing is going to happen over these next few transfers! We were a little in over our heads the first few days but one night during planning we decided we were done being scared, we are done being nervous, and we are just going to hit the ground running. Everyone asks us..."Oh my gosh you are two bleus!!? How is that going?" So instead of being like...”well you know”.... we respond, “we love it!! We are doing great!!” And we say it with complete confidence. Because in all honesty I do Love it! We have found that Soeur Luthi is better at verbalizing French and I can understand everything. But we are continually pushing our weaknesses and eventually through Jesus Christ and the Gift of the Holy Ghost, those weaknesses will be refined into strengths. The hardest part of the companionship is the cell phone...WOOF! It’s rough just because you can only rely on yourself and your own knowledge when you are talking on the phone! You can’t play off each other!! But things are great! Things are difficult sometimes but we understand our callings as missionaries, we understand what work needs to be done, and we are here to accomplish that. Soeur Luthi is fabulous! I am very excited for this next transfer! We were making cookies for Marie-Antoinette and we FRIED our first try of cookies!! (haha) Burnt to a crisp, we were dying!! So we tried again and they second turned out much better...by the end of the cookie making experience we were literally on the floor laughing, we had eaten half the cookie dough batter, and tears of laughter were streaming down our faces! It was awesome!! We have loads of fun together, constantly laughing!! We both have a sweet tooth...so that could be a bit of a problem but we both like to run....IT FEELS SO GREAT TO GO RUNNING IN THE MORNINGS!!! Hallelujah! 
This week my patience has been tested and it’s always over stupid things. Like the Zone leaders or District leads will extend "special challenges" for us to accomplish. We just feel like its because we are both bleu and they are worried we wont work or something....and you know me....I am here to work. HOW DARE THEY THINK I  WILL SLACK OFF!!!! (haha). Just little things like that lately have been weighing on my nerves. The last thing we need is people doubting us or worrying about our work ethic!! Yes we are both Bleus but SO WHAT. This was arranged by revelation and we will accomplish His work! My testimony has truly been strengthened because of experiences we have had! We have a few new amis, Sylvain, Michael, and Victoria. We are working hard! We have set some high goals for ourselves but at our Bleus conference (which was this week) President said, “Set impossible goals and reach them.” We took that challenge very seriously and we plan on doing just that. We have faith. 
So as I mentioned we had Bleu's conference!! We were in Lyon for Thursday-Saturday! It was soooo fun!! We got to see all the missionaries that came in with us!! Yes Soeur Mod and I got to see each other!!! WHAT A JOY!!! Everyone was doing sooo great!! Everyone looked happy and it was amazing to see the changes in each person already! The light of Christ was engrained in our eyes!! President spoke to us and gave us loads of great words of wisdom! Some of my favorites were: "set impossible goals and reach them" "contact, contact, contact!" "Right now, this very moment is when you stop feeling sorry for yourself and get to work!" "You are capable of impossible things" I have pages and pages of notes! The conference was sooo great!! It was hard to part with everyone again! Our zone was really bonded and we all missed each other loads! 
So this week has been busy for S. Luthi and me! We traveled to Bleus, and taught 3 lessons! We also taught Gospel Principles and had other missionaries staying in our apartment due to traveling arrangements (loads of cooking and cleaning!!) But we accomplished everything! Our lesson with Marie-Antoinette went well!! It truly is a miracle. Please just think...we have only been in France 6 weeks and we are teaching full lessons, talking to people on the street, and using a cell phone (texting/talking on the phone is hard!)!! Miracle after miracle!! And yes...a lot of times our French comes our wrong or it is a bit of a struggle...but things get accomplished and understanding eventually comes! We have two baptisms coming up on Saturday in our ward!! I am sooo excited to invite all our Amis to it!! I have heard there is a special power/spirit!! Soooooo stoked!! 
So to answer some of your questions: Yes I have received two packages...which I haven’t picked up yet because its been the weekend (bad office hours I cant make) But I am assuming one is from CC camp and the other is from you Momma...Soooo excited!! Thanks SO MUCH!! Mail is the best!! Literally it just makes your day!! I am soooo happy to hear about Anna's wedding, how fun!! I miss the temple!!!! Please pray for our amis and our goals!!! Our mission set a goal to get 50 baptisms in the month of July ( that is a lofty goal btw). Soeur Luthi and I have a goal to be a major part of that goal!!! Bleu POWER!!! Thanks for all your prayers and love!!! I pray for you all each night!!

MY CHALLENGE FOR THE WEEK: 
Share you testimony with a less active/nonmember. It can be in a subtle way or just flat our bear it!! Just share you light!! 

Love you all!! Have a wonderful 4th of July....I miss America, its a wonderful place!! We already bought Hot Dogs to celebrate hahaha Yay America!! 

XOXOX
Soeur Richardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment