Sunday, September 28, 2014

PeanutS Butter Ice Cream

September 15 2014 

Where to even begin....Well we taught 21 lessons this week, 5 LA/RC, and engaged 3 to baptism...the Lord is setting our work on FIRE! 26 Lessons in one week...it was a BLAST! En plus, every single lesson was a legit RDV, no random street lessons. We were running around all week accomplishing the Lords work and it was FABULOUS! We saw so many miracles! Our investigators are soooo amazing and progressing super well. We found out Michal (the polish who is praying for the 27th of Sept) stopped drinking Alcohol a month ago after meeting us....another way the Lord has prepared him! Sonia is SOARING! She would've been baptized the 27th of September but is going out of town to Spain for a bit. Also found out she is a great filmmaker and has filmed things that have won awards at Indie festivals! #legit You can watch a short film she made on YouTube...its called "Invisible Old People". She is literally the best! We spent just about everyday with her! And she is now determined to marry in the church to someone with the same principles! She melts our hearts every time we teach her! She has continued to cut down on cigs. She is at 4 a day. from 20 to 4 in this short of time is a miracle! She has also stopped all coffee and beer! Woot Woot! Jamilla is also doing incredible! We are teaching full lessons and she is pounding out the LDM. We cry every time we think of leaving each other! We have decided a few nights before I leave we are having an American girls night (ice cream, candy, junk food, and tears!) hahaha 

This week I had my last Zone Conference. I had to give  the infamous "dying testimony"....it was miserable. I cried of course but people still understood it! I had loads of people come up and thank me....its weird to think its actually coming to a close. WAIT.....seriously? There is an end? Sigh. 

The Dating Academy Activity for the Young Women went fine...my oh my how France is different. They just don’t understand the idea of dating....its...weird. But I had them create a list of qualities they want in their future husband and put a focus on them trying their hardest to become those very qualities themselves! Light attracts light! They seemed to really like that idea. I told them to put faith in the Lord that if they are preparing themselves for a temple marriage someone else is preparing them for that too! Marriage is a vital step in the progression process! I am praying the CTR! 

Well...I came to the realization that I only have 14 days left. After Zone Conference I talked with Pres for a bit and he said, "Well I will be seeing you real soon"...of course I couldn’t even make eye contact with him in fear of bursting into tears. Then he said with tears in his eyes "you know its not easy for us to lose a Child but luckily I know I will see you again" We both cried a bit then I said my goodbyes to other missionaries. Real goodbyes...possibly never see again goodbyes. WOW. It was a bit tear filled but I survived. I don’t want my mission to end. I don’t. But Its what the Lord wants and needs. If I am to continue in his gospel plan it is a necessary step. I NEVER would have guessed I would be "that" missionary. That I would BEG for more time. That I would PLEAD to my Heavenly Father for time to slow down. But I am. And I am soooo proud to be a missionary for my Savoir Jesus Christ. To be His hands in the work of Salvation! I know he lives. I know this is true. Put your lives in order to experience the joy that comes from this Gospel. IT IS WORTH IT. 

que Dieu vous benisse! qu'il soit avec vous chaque jour!  

Avec bcp d'amour,
Soeur Richardson  


No comments:

Post a Comment