Thursday, July 21, 2011

It's never a bad moment to shed a tear


Realization is a two way street. It can lead to happiness and excitement, or it could lead to doubt and sadness. Today I had a realization. Whether it was the happy one or the sad one, I am not going to convey. But I believe realizations are a gift and should be thought out and acted on if appropriate. I have been strangely emotional lately. Whether its lack of sleep, hormones, or I’ve just become a softy, I have cried almost daily. I cry at almost all movies. I cry at things people say. I cry at cute tv commercials. I cry when I see old people holding hands. I cry when I see the love of a mother. I cry when I see people with special needs. I cry and cry and cry. But that to me is not a bad thing. I believe I am taking after my granddad. He turned into a softy as he became older as well. He would cry when he saw us, he would cry as he would wave goodbye, he would cry when I played my harp, and he would cry as he was talking to me. The passion and love my granddad showed is greatly missed within my life. Now I cannot even think of my sweet granddad without tearing up. My realization has come. I have made up my mind. Life is going to change a bit. It will be hard but I know a special part of my granddad lives within my heart to guide me through. I may cry but I am strong. I may fall but I will always get back up. I may be sad but I know a smile is just around the corner. Life takes its twists and turns but that is called living. And I plan to live to my fullest. Cry away America, there is no shame in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment