Sunday, September 28, 2014

Last Transfer Call

August 11, 2014

This week I will be receiving my last transfer call. This is not real life. I do my best to not have complete meltdowns! Goodness missionary life just goes by too fast. I could stay out here for eternity! I was talking to on of my good missionary friends the other day and he said "you prepping for home" I then told him I was actually never going home muhahaha but then we had a good talk on progression. And how its actually essential to go home so that we can continue making eternal saving covenants with our heavenly father....and he is right. I have progressed and grown LOADS here in the mission field. A progression that I know could not have been achieved anywhere else but a mission. But my progression cannot continue in a lot of ways. So I have been trying to view home in a more positive light.....Its a slow moving process.....don’t get me wrong, I LOVE you all....but I am REALLY going to miss serving the Lord in such a personal way as I have the opportunity to do here!! Being a missionary is the best choice I have made so far in my life. It’s had lows, and highs, but it is the BEST. 

This week has been crazy busy, which is good because then my body can’t fully realize how tired it is cause I am always moving! We never got to "recover" from that last crazy weekend so we just gave our all and prayed extremely hard for the Lords strength, energy, and force. I literally spent one morning praying for energy during the whole exercise time (30 minutes) No...I was not just trying to get out of exercising but I was sincerely pleading for the Lords strength. I just want to give and do my best...and I hate this fatigue I am feeling. President says its a sign.....which could be true but....it doesn’t make it easier! bleh. 

Last Pday we went to an enormous park in Lyon. Park de Tete D'or. Its so big it’s got a zoo, lake, and multiple gardens! We saw the giraffes and ate by the lake! I really love my comp! We are extremely similar in so many ways its scary! We have a lot of fun together and we have really grown our relationship in loads of ways! She is quickly turning into one of my favorite comps! I would love to spend another together but the likelihood is very slim....sigh :( I honestly have no idea what will happen this transfer call! gulp! Pray I stay in Lyon! But whatever happens I know that the Lord directs it. 

We had our District Meeting up in Chalon this week. It’s a nice, small little town! I forgot what it is like to not be in fast pace Lyon. Goodness I love my city soooo much! It just feels like home. I would love to return and live here for a few years! But I am in the Lords hands and he will direct and guide me to where I need to be. We had our Annual Lyon wide Genealogy activity this week. It went well, its always such a relief when things you plan go well. We were able to invite a lot of people to come unto Christ through learning more of their ancestors! It’s a fun activity! Its been the third time I have put this on and it just keeps getting better and better! 

We were able to have lots of fun moments with some of our Amis! We had an "American Dinner" with one of our amies Jamila! She was a referral through a member. She was a bit depressed and lonely. It’s been such a joy to see her joy and love for God grow little by little! She smiles more, recognizes blessings in her life, and laughs. I love being an instrument in Gods hands! She said she always here our American TV shows talk of 2 things: pain à viande and pâte au frommage (translation: meat loaf and Mac and Cheese! haha) We fixed a night to make them together. She was SO EXCITED! She loved every second of it and every bite! We also went on a walk and kebabs with a JA and our Amie Judith. She is SO great! It was a blast we were laughing the whole night! We didn’t want it to end! But as my companion stated, OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS! hahaha she is the greatest! 

This week has been a whirlwind! I was sick, had no energy, pretty sure had a sty on my eye, and it was that time of the month......BUT I was happy. I am happy. I LOVE my life. And that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ! He helps us overcome ourselves, our human nature, and our weaknesses so that we can strengthen others! We are strong! We can change! We are loved by our HF and our brother JC! Use the power and strength that comes with our relationships with them. Our relationship with them is a force, a strength, and changing power of good. "have you done any good in the world today?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment