Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Pee Coma


Technology is taking over our minds. It’s a sad fact but true.

I LOVE my Iphone. It does everything I need (email, texting, calling, facebook, instagram, entertainment, stupid games, wakes me up every morning and even my banking!) This afternoon I was on facebook, then instagram, then my email, then facebook again. Then suddenly I come out of what I like to now call a “technology coma”. As I am coming out of this "technology coma" I find myself sitting on the toilet...and my pee has long since left my body. Confused as I looked around at my surroundings and uncomfortable by the lack of knowledge of the state I was in (pants down, air drying) I tried to begin to figure out how long I had been there. Ladies and gentlemen….18 minutes. Yes it is true I had been in a coma on the toilet for 18 minutes. I then began laughing (OUT LOUD!) at my current condition. What on earth happened?? I have no recollection of even walking into the bathroom! I can just imagine the confusion of the other girl washing her hands as I walked out of my stall COMPLETELY overcome with my laughter. Technology Coma is coming for you! Let’s just say I am now a little frightened of my Iphone!

Now my wise superior adults say that there is a learning experience in every situation.

 Learning Experience: Its time to unplug. What things have I missed because I have been consumed by my technology?? Due to it being the month for being “thankful” here is today’s “thankful”: I am thankful for today’s experience…even if it very unconventional.  It taught me to look up from my technology and find the opportunities given to me throughout the day to enjoy my surrounds, whether that be people, experiences, or the beautiful fall leaves! Live a little and laugh a lot! Happy November my friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment