Sunday, September 15, 2013

Baby Steps


Monday, August 26, 2013
C'est moi!!! Bonjour ma famille! Oh my word, what a week it has been!!  Sooooo, to start things off I just would like to say....I love France!!! This week we made some progress with our Amis!! And I think that is the lesson I learned this week. The progress wasn’t huge or life changing but it was a small step to something bigger and that’s the way it works. Obviously miracles happen, but it’s by small, simple gradual acts. We had one investigator, who has been taught by the missionaries for years, finally partake of the sacrament!  We taught a lecon on the sacrament and what it means. When I told her she could take the sacrament it was like seeing Elle’s face on Christmas morning. She was SO excited! We sat by her in Sacrament and she took it and looked at me with the biggest smile. I had to hold back tears. Now I just wish I could spark that same excitement and love for baptism!  But it’s baby steps! I thank God for that little miracle that I was able to see. Some of our other investigators are at a bit of a standstill. We talked about it with some Elders (Elders Haparai-Hansen and Phelps...Elder H2 is my District Leader) and we came to the conclusion that we are going to have to give them a bold challenge to apply the Book of Mormon in their life, read, and pray every night and see if they can see/feel a difference. So we are just going to have to be bold about. Goodness. The moral of the story is please pray for us so we will be completely guided by the Spirit in our words for him and that he will feel/see a difference!!
This week I had an exchange with.....Soeur Sopi!! So I live with four sisters (including me) Soeur Sopi, Soeur Raney, Soeur Caldwell (obviously), and me. I love them all so much! Soeur Raney is "dying" this transfer aka her mission is ending. Soeur Sopi is French...yes a native!! RARE. It’s sooo lucky! It has helped my French improve sooo much!! And I got to go on exchange with her....yes, a whole day just speaking French!!! ONLY FRENCH!! She doesn’t speak a lick of English! My exchange was sooo fun!! We were laughing, joking around, and enjoying the work! It’s such a testimate (testimony) that God is there and that the gift of tongues is real!! I have been in France for 18ish weeks and I am going full days communicating only in French. THAT IS A MIRACLE. Soeur Sopi is a wonderful missionary who is here to serve the Lord with all her heart! I am glad God gave us an exchange together so we could get to know each other better. 
This week we also had a lot of member visits...9 to be exact! That is a lot but I LOVE THE MEMBERS!! Its so fun getting to know them! One of my new favorite days of the week are Thursdays. We hold a SoirĂ©e Familiale for Amis, Members, Non-pratiquants, basically whoever. We were in charge this week and had a Birthday Party for the Prophet!! It was sooo fun!! We had German Pancakes, blew out candles, and a member brought a cake! It’s a great way to get to know people in a more relaxed way! I love Thursdays!! Our church also has a ping pong table! Oh man...I creamed everybody. Elder Phelps played me like 3 times...but no luck.  My ping-pong skills were just too much for him! (hahaha) I think everyone is surprised by seeing a girl who is actually athletic—and they loved it! Seriously they couldn’t get over the fact I was a soccer player! And now add in my ping-pong skills—that’s a win win! (hahaha) In all seriousness though, the members here are great! Loads of hard situations, but strong testimonies! This gospel is a HUGE blessing! 
So you are probably wondering what my challenge of the week is. The challenge for the week is solidify your habits. What habits do you have? If some of your habits don’t include daily scripture study and daily prayer...then repent. But seriously, those are vital habits for salvation. Re-read your patriarchal blessings. Take a lot at your habits you have and ask yourself, “is this profiting the kingdom of God?” If you aren’t in a habit of prayer and scripture study, then now is the perfect time to start. Begin right now. Seriously...right now! Go grab your scriptures and read them—right now! Then pray for the strength to continue building the habit. allez! 
I love you all sooooooo much! God is waiting to pour blessings down upon you. But he can’t unless you ask and choose the right. Unless you follow the 5 principles of the Gospel (1. Faith in Jesus Christ, 2. Repentance, 3. Baptism, 4. Gift of the HG, and 5. Endure to the end). I pray for you all specifically. And I thank you for all your prayers for me and my Amis. Your prayers make a difference. Love you all. Take the challenge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment