Sunday, September 28, 2014

Alma 26:12

June 26, 3014

        I try not to get extremely jealous of the fact that you are all touring Israel right now. Especially since on my mission I have really grown a strong love and testimony of the New Testament. But its fine...I am over it.........Anyways this week was great. Basically things are great because I adore my comp. I can’t even tell you how much I love serving with Soeur Mod again. It has been such a blessing! Honestly the work has been rough lately. And I think I would be getting as frustrated with it if our Mission wasn’t unitedly working towards a big goal of Baptizing loads of people on July 5th. But I know we are trying our best and being obedient so things will work out the way God wants the too. I have been really working hard on not complaining about our situation (passing our golden investigators to others, having no one to teach, contacting for hours on end...Etc.) But I am really trying to work on my positivity. God knows I am willing to put forth 100% at all times even when the work isn’t producing many results. On the bright side we have been having loads of great conversations with people. Slowly changing their hearts on conversation at a time. 

We did have a REALLY cool miracle happen. After our 3-day straight of contacting for hours on end we were pretty exhausted and I was getting pretty discouraged. So during my studies I really prayed for help and studied the life of Christ. As you all know I am pretty obsessed with the #becauseofHim video that came out during Easter. So I wrote on my hand "#becauseofHim". Everytime I would see it, it would be reminder of why I was here, working hard. It helped. About and hour into our contacting I stopped a woman and began asking her our little questionnaire. First Question: 1. Do you think there are problems in the world today? 2. Do you think it would be good to have the help of God today?....by the second question she took my agenda out of my hand and wrote "Alma 26:12". When she handed me back my agenda I freaked out and asked if she was a member. She is not. I asked her if she had met the missionaries. She has not. I then asked HOW? She worked as a librarian and found a copy of the Book of Mormon in the Religious section. She fell in love with it and has read it multiple times. Unfortunately she went to Spain for 2 weeks on vacation. Sigh... #vacationmonths It was a miraculous miracle! And it was all #becauseofHim. He loves us. How amazing is that. 

This week was also pretty depressing because I had to say goodbye to Suin, who is going to S. Korea for the summer, and Fr. Girard, who is going to Guadeloupe for a month. It was surprisingly extremely hard to say goodbye. Suin is amazing and still strong in the gospel! She has already looked up the Church in Korea and ready to help the missionaries there! We had a goodbye lunch a Korean BBQ for old times sake! It was a blast! On the bright side she is coming for vacation in November to Utah! Probably be hosting her! We were talking out details! So excited for you all to meet her. We also made American Cookies for Fr. Girards plane ride (his favorite). He served us the usual, Juice and cookies. He is so sweet and such a great hardworking person. Saying goodbye is difficult but I know I will keep in contact with them so, every little thing is gonna be all right. :) 

On a happier note, Tams is still rockin it! After his rdv this week I asked him again why he never invited us to his Jazz concert he said he was having. He then told us this story: "We were practicing together one night and religion came up. I told this person that I was just baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ, sometimes known as Mormon. They started not being very nice and very critical. I then explained to them that this was the true church, with the true doctrine of Christ in its plenitude. And they could learn of these things for them selves. They weren’t very open." Tams then said before he left he proudly stated "je suis Mormon" and he told me "don’t ever worry Richardson, I will never deny that fact." I couldn’t help but start to tear up. Long story short...they didn’t let him play in the group. So he lost one of his gigs (that’s what he does for a living, accompanies groups with his Saxophone) I was sooooo proud and grateful for his Testimony. 

While this week was pretty rough.....ça va! Life goes on and we continue to progress! Thank goodness for our Savoir Jesus Christ! Doing my best to keep my head up and working 215%
hard with the time I have left! 

LOVE YOU ALL 

Soeur Richardson 

Challenge of the week: Read Alma 26:12. 

ps. Got our mission got a shout out by Elder Andersen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment