Sunday, September 28, 2014

Short But Sweet

June 16, 2014

Hello Family!!

This week was...quite the week! After the amazing conference by Elder Andersen we felt like we were on top of the world! Unfortunately things afterwards didn’t go as well as how we were feeling. This week was rough. Surprisingly rough. We worked hard but nothing seems to be coming from it. We can’t seem to find amis!! We had to pass all our amis to others because they didn’t live in our sector...so we showed our faith and passed them. We have confidence that things will work out. And like usually we probably don’t know WHEN they will work out. So we decided we will continue to patiently work our hardest. Because in all reality...me and Soeur Mod are a POWER COUPLE! We are bold but loving, hilarious but serious, Crazy but chill....basically we know how to work and we go 110% And I think that is why this week was so frustrating with all our week we did nothing seemed to come of it. But PATIENCE. The Lord has his timing and things will work out. 

I had an exchange with Soeur DeO. Always so fun to see Sister again. We had a pretty good exchange. It’s been UNREAL hot. Like you cant even imagine. After eating our delicious filling lunch we went to a rdv with a woman in an outer city. After boiling in the Metro and bus and walk to her house we finally arrived. Sat down...and she started pulling out food. WARM MASSIVE SERVINGS OF FOOD. I literally have never actually thought I would die until that very day. We were force-feeding every single warm bite of that food. We began spreading it around our plates to make it look like we had eaten a good majority of eat plate....but then she would come back from the kitchen and command us to finish something. We ate rice with meat sauce, cucumber salad, Veggie Soup, giant bowl of plain Greek yogurt, nuts and cookies, fruit yogurt, ice cream. But please remember that these serving sizes were GINORMOUS! With each bite we would catch eyes and you could just read our thoughts, "one more bite I WILL die", "this food is unsanitary", "I am contracting a foreign unknown disease right now", "did I mention we are going to die". I laugh about it know but it was definitely no laughing matter at the time. I was such a joy to spend the day with Soeur DeO. And on the bright side we got awesome Tunisian housedresses from the RDV. 

Like I said this week was rough. The strange thing about it is I don’t think I have ever had such quality conversations with people. Soeur Mod and me decided to put a huge focus on French people. Rather than going for other foreigners...like most of us do....we went for all French! WE HAD AMAZING CONVERSATIONS. Unfortunately French are much more slowly moving. They hesitate. But we planted some extremely great seeds that will one day produce fruit! I am proud of that fact. Little by little. In other news, Tams got the priesthood this week! He continues to progress like a champ! He is devouring the book of Mormon and now Doctrine and Covenants (we got him a triple combo!) He loves it! Always has the greatest questions! So sincere. He truly is a great big Miracle. And I still feel so blessed to have been apart of that!  

This week I learned that Faith is Confidence but more importantly Faith is Obedience. Obeying the Gospel of Jesus Christ grows our faith and inspires others to do the same. Be that inspiring example for someone else. Extend an invitation. Post something on Facebook. There are no excuses when it comes to things of God. 

Pray for Soeur Mod and me that we can find the prepared people we know are living in our sector! 
Love you all!! Make this week fabulous!

I LOVE my mission more than words, 
Soeur Richardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment