Sunday, September 28, 2014

Rainy Transfer Day

July 7, 2014

This is getting a little ridiculous....  I have nothing to write you because you already know all my exciting news! Yes Transfers came and I am staying again in Lyon! I LOVE IT HERE!! It is literally the best! But I have to part with Soeur Moderzitski! We were soooo sad! But it was a dream to serve together again! Literally each day was such a joy! I am going to miss her loads! Probably wont see her until the last day of our missions....She is going across the country to Carcassonne....Back to the South. I am staying and receiving Soeur Roberts! She was actually Soeur Mods comp right before me! She says only great things about her! She is really great! I mean we have only been together for a few moments because we don’t really get a Pday and we are running people on to their connecting trains all day at the GARE but she is wonderful! She is from California and I am really excited to start working with her. Sorry I don’t have loads of details on her yet but next week I will be very detailed on how cool she is haha.

Today has been raining like cats and dogs!!! A constant down pour.........classic Lyon. But I have seen loads of missionaries!  This morning we went to the office and saw all the dying missionaries. It was soooo sad. They are all amazing missionaries! 17 are dying!!! I also saw loads of missionaries coming in and out. (Elder Phelps, Elder DuPre, Soeur Witt, etc) Transfer day is a fun day in Lyon!! And the new missionaries will be coming in tomorrow and the craziness begins! ohhh la la! I love Lyon! 

So this week has been miraculous! We had 3 baptisms this weekend in Lyon! Our ami Diogene got baptized!! Woot woot!!! He was soooooo prepared!! He is 18 and planning on serving a mission!! I was thinking of TJ throughout the whole experience! In our mission this weekend we had 22 baptism....normally its about 4-8 but this weekend.........22!!!! There is no denying that the work is hastening!! We are really trying to raise our faith and work hard! It was a beautiful baptismal service AND Elder Andersen was here in Lyon again this weekend...we was in the circle to Confirm all the recent converts with the Holy Ghost. WHAT A MIRACULOUS EXPERIENCE! It was a beautiful meeting AND our family of four that we are teaching came!

For the 4th of July we went to a Mexican restaurant and got Tacos with the Elders (who were Tahitian, French, and Canadian) GOD BLESS AMERICA hahaha We also got to watch the French vs. Germany World Cup Game (we needed of course an Ami and Member to be with us) Our Best friend Emanuel (super legit JA) introduced us to one of his friends who is SUPER COOL!! She was way into the game (just like...me) and we got along great! She is excited to continue meeting with us and discussing!  Her apartment was to small to host us all so we went and got Kebabs at a local shop that was projecting the game! We also met one of our member’s daughters! She was sooooooooo cool! We had a really great conversation and related to her super well! she helped us pick out presents and such! She was adorable! Super excited to continue working with her! We had met soooo many cool people. But they all leave on Vacation #theworste Please pray we find some great progressing amis! We want to hit it hard this transfer and bring loads to the Lords fold! 

OHHHH and do you remember how Tams lost his gig when he stood up or his beliefs?? Well turns out last minute they called his back, apologized, and gave him back his gig! The Lord is so loving! When we do the right thing...blessings always come! I love this Mormon message http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=2221439363001
Tams reminds of this abit! 

I feel so blessed! Seeing an apostle multiple times this month, being a missionary for the True church of God, and having my testimony strengthened each day! We choose our course. I hope we all choose it well. It is my biggest hope and wish for each one of you that you use you free agency to benefit God. I LOVE this gospel. I am converted down to the deepest parts of my soul. I expect more of life, I strive harder, work harder, and dream bigger. Because I know it is possible. Anything and Everything is possible #becauseofHim


No comments:

Post a Comment