Monday, June 27, 2011

Miracles

  Jumbled. That is how I feel. I knew change was coming but now that its here I am not ready, far from ready. Tonight I saw the movie 17 Miracles. It’s a movie on the stories and miracles that happened during the journey of the Willie Handcart Company to Salt Lake. As I quietly sat through the movie I was touched on so many levels. There were miracles of love, not just any love like deep true love. There were miracles of healing. There were miracles of faith. I sat viewing all their hardships, seeing their pain in a padded comfy theater seat. Tears were undeniable. Who am I to live in Zion? There pioneers sacrificed their professions, their families, their possessions, their very lives to come to Zion to be with the saints. I could never imagine seeing friends, family, and neighbors drop dead because of harsh conditions, starvation, and exhaustion. Am I living my life in a way those saints would approve? I want to have faith as theirs. I want to have whole hearted devoted love like theirs. I want to have dedication and determination like theirs. I want to truly know as they did. I believe in miracles. They happen everyday and I am to naive and worldly to see them. I pray we may each open our eyes to see the daily miracles in our lives. Are we looking? Are we actively seeking? Be a person worthy of miracles, our scary worldly world could use more good people.

1 comment:

  1. The depth of one's determination, dedication, faith, passion, and loyalty is usually a reflection of everyday living. I suppose practice makes perfect. Stalwart pioneers practiced personal determination, faith, passion, and loyalty in their daily decisions leading up to crossing the plains. Their daily practice made their determination perfect for the unfathomable task of making it to Zion. I suppose the point is, Zion was in their every decision, before, during, and after. I know modern pioneers who amaze me just as much as those in the past. While their trials are different, they are just as stalwart, diligent, and loyal. I believe those who endured the trails of trial feel a kinship with the pioneers of today--even though the plains we cross are much different. One of my favorite hymns is a actually a primary song: "You don't have to push a handcart or leave your family dear, or walk a thousand miles or more to be a pioneer. You do have to have great courage, faith to conquer fear, and work with might for a cause that's right, to be a pioneer." I love people with courage, faith that exceeds their fear, and who work with all their might for the right. I want and need to more like true pioneers. I am determined to cross my plains--with courage, faith, and daily hard work. Nice blog, Louie. You inspire me with your pioneering thoughts on loyalty, faith, love, desire for deep love, family, humanity, dogs, music, silly impulses, and desire to be more. You are a pioneer extraordinaire! My deepest desire is that you--like those pioneers you admire--never lose sight of your Zion and push forward undaunted with your very last breath! I love you more than you can imagine and have absolutely loved being on the trail with you.

    ReplyDelete