Tuesday, June 18, 2013


June 3, 2013 – Pepper Sprayed
‪            Well things just keep getting weirder here in Toulouse. I guess I will start out with the crazy story of the week.  Soeur Bayles and I got pepper sprayed!  To be honest, it wasn’t a direct attack on us as women or missionaries but more like a group of us that got it. It is crazy how pandemonium can strike in a matter of seconds! There was a guy next to me on the metro and he was talking to himself and looking around. When we got off at our stop he started yelling , “You got a problem?! You got a problem with me!!” We were all confused because no one knew who he was talking to.  As we all got on the escalator he whipped out the Pepper spray and gave everyone a good spray!!!  Everyone started freaking out...I immediately put my scarf to my face and started scrambling up the escalator! My face was BURNING!!! That stuff is not fun! Soeur Bayles and I had to ask the members we were visiting if we could use their bathroom to wash off...it was one for the journal that is for sure!! 
This week has been really hard. We have pretty much had to drop all 5 of our amis....its been WAY frustrating.  As a result, we are having to start from scratch, which is why we have been porting (door to door) and contacting a ton. And it’s been crazy cold!! There has been so much rain. And unfortunately my companion and I got sick.  In fact, we just saw the doctor and it turns out that we have strep throat!  It’s been crazy here.  Needless to say all of this makes us very ineffective because trying to speak French when you don’t know any to begin with and then you have a massive sore throat—let’s just say this is not a good combo. It’s made things hard/frustrating.  On the bright side, however, I am understanding a ton more of what people are saying..
At the beginning of the week I had exchanges in Bordeaux, it is interesting to see how different each ville is. For example, in Bordeaux, people actually stopped and talked to us!! In Toulouse, everyone is in such a hurry! I hope I have the chance to serve in a suburb sometime! 
Ok....wow. So I pretty much feel like I’ve been complaining this whole email. I really love the mission!! It’s so great but its been a really hard transfer (six weeks). My comp said this has been her hardest transfer so far but life is still good! Its just unfortunate we that had to drop all our amis and finding others has been so slow. We did get one new amis this week. Her name is Marie Antoinette. I gave her the baptismal commitment and she said Yes!! Score!!! 
So Soeur Bayles and I have started visiting a lot of members this week because our District Leader asked us  to focus on the members. I LOVE THE MEMBERS. They are SO awesome!! Two nights ago we had dinner with the family Caplin. They were the greatest!! And dinners here are awesome!! Its nice having a home cooked meal! I love it here in Toulouse. I cant wait until my French gets better so I can communicate with them more!!
Well that’s about all as far as my week goes. I could really use some prayers! I need to be healthy! Thanks for all you all have done you all are the greatest!
Also, Shout out to TYLER J!!!! Happy Birthday! I wish you all the happiness in the world!! Make it a great day! I love you more than I could ever express! 17 years old—woot, woot!!! Miss you Homie!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment