Tuesday, June 18, 2013


May 27 – Kissy, Kissy, Kissy, Kissy
‪            So you are probably wondering.....why the subject of kissing?!?! Tots innapprops (completely inappropriate) subject while on a mission, I know. BUT this week was a week filled with kissing!! It’s always a fun experience getting on the metro and throughout the day and have couples full on making out.  I’m not gonna lie, the first time I saw it, I couldn’t help but laugh! I nudged my comp and she just smiled and said....what of it? This is FRANCE! Hahahah I see it daily and now and it doesn’t even phase me! Also I got a lot of lovin this week! The beloved Bisou!!! Yes, the kiss on both cheek French thing. Yah, that’s for reals and we do it ALL the time! I actually love it!! So this was a week of kissing! And also a week of ALOT of rejection! Yep, A TON of rejection. Our amis (investigators) have been super flakey lately. They cancel their lecons at the last minute and it’s been SO frustrating!! So we have to contact and porte (knock doors...more like ring buzzers at gates) and let me tell you, it’s not fun getting door after door slammed in your face! It gets old really fast!! I do have complete faith in the Lord’s timing and direction, however. And if the Lord wants me to knock on all the doors of Toulouse, then I will do it with a smile! I was so frustrated at one point that I finally thought: “why even knock?”  I already know the outcome.  But then I immediately thought that I am planting seeds. I might not be getting to teach these people behind those doors, but I am planting seeds for future missionaries!!! And I am totally OK with that. 
So my favorite amis is moving this week. She is going back to Australia. I was so frustrated with the language and everything else that I really feel like having her for an amis was a gift from God. You see, I was able to teach in English and bear my testimony. We went over for dinner and then shared a lecon (lesson).  There was one point where I stopped, looked in her eyes, and said, “Maria...God loves you, I know it. And we love you. You are loved.” She then burst into tears, the spirit was so strong. It was a good reminder to me that everyone needs to be told they are loved. Everyone needs to feel love. I feel God’s love around me everyday. So friends, family, and world: I LOVE YOU.  We saw her again later that week.  Because she is moving back to Australia she is getting rid of a ton of things and she gave me this really cute hat.  It’s apparently like a $500 dollar hat! Hahaha. I am really going to miss her. We are taking her to the airport tomorrow. 
So to answer some of your questions: Soeur Bayles is awesome! She is from Florida.  she is 24 and she went to the University in London and graduated in Anthropology.  We get along great!  She is super patient with me but really pushes me (aka she makes me talk…haha).  This is really good for me! My apartment only has two sisters living n it—just Soeur Bayles and me! We are the only Sisters in Toulouse.  Toulouse is a HUGE city.  We have been apartment hunting because we are getting another equipe (pair) next transfer!! woot woot!  My health is fine. We have 4 equipes of Elders and then the two of us here. Toulouse is AWESOME!! I love it! It's huge but has an awesome feel to it! It’s kind of a college town so it’s really alive and young! But it seriously is huge!! We attend two sacrament meetings because we are the only sisters! But I love it!!  So you asked if I have any needs.  Lets see...do I have any needs? Ya!  I need to learn French. I need the people of France to be touched by the spirit. I need a temple in the South of France. As for temporal needs....none that I can think of.  It is true, Mondays are my pdays. And by the way, I about died at how cute Elle, gavie, and eddie where.....such cuties!!  Thanks for the photos. In France they listen to a lot of American pop music.  What joy?! It is soooooo hard not to sing along to all the songs  (Katy Perry, Mumford and sons, rap, you name it!). Its soooo distracting.
It was mother’s day in France yesterday! Happy Mother’s Day, Mom.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELISA...welcome to being 21! Actually, it’s not that cool, sorry.
We just had Zone training and our goals are to get 25 new amis by 2 Juin. Much prayer will be needed!!! We are also going to call down the powers of heaven for angels to guide us to the elect. My mission president is BOMB. He is so inspiring and thoughtful. 
Also please pray for sunshine.  On Saturday we tracked ALL day and we literally had the craziest weather. It went from sun to rain to sun to sleet to sun to hail to slush to wind storm......it was unreal! And of course it was on the day we were outside walking all day!!! I am really building a lot of Character here in France ;) 
Have a fun Memorials day...eat a hot dog for me...and play loads of volleyball!!! Bon Semaine! 

No comments:

Post a Comment