Monday, September 16, 2013

130+ Attend a Musical Soirée!


September 16, 2013
Well, well, well, another transfer bites the dust. Not much has happened this week besides a girl’s night, transfer calls, our Soirée Musicale, slumber party, eight rendez-vous, ten member experiences, and salvation! So ya...I guess a pretty dull week, right? NOT! This week has been crazy...CRAZY. But it’s been crazy in a good way.  In fact, it’s really crazy good! Last week was pretty rough on me...sigh. I decided to rely on the Priesthood power (thanks mom for your email/for the RS having a lesson on the Priesthood). I received a blessing from Elder Williams, he is the Senior couple in charge of the Young Adult Centre. It was a beautiful blessing. I have found a new dedication and drive. It’s time for confidence. The blessing was a really neat experience. Soeur Caldwell and I ended up both getting blessings.  We were all crying and then laughing and then crying again. I love the senior couple! The Williams are the sweetest!! 
We started off our week with a "girls night" with some of the JA (Jeune Adulte). We played games and ate dinner together! My mission President has been really stressing things called "member experiences.” These are opportunities where we can build relationships with the members and get them excited about us and our personalities.  Hopefully this creates a fitting environment for them to introduce their friends. I am really pumped about it. We had a girl’s night with Virginie (recent convert), Marion, and Millicent (another recent convert). I am in LOVE with them!! Really though...Virginie is like my best friend!! She is so strong...so converted! The girls’ night was a super success! We introduced them to twice baked potatoes...they were obsessed!! Also to Pop Rocks and nerds...again...obsessed!! It was sooooo funny! I videoed the pop rocks...they were freaking out! It was awesome! 
So this week was also crazy because Soeur Caldwell and I put on a Soirée Musicale event! Let’s just say it was a hit—a  HUGE hit! 130+ people there.  Hello everybody, this is FRANCE and 130+ people at a church activity—well, that’s almost unheard of! There were loads of less actives, non-members, and members. It was a massive success and everyone wants another Soirée! The day after at church everyone was hugging us and complimenting us.  It was great (AKA Soeur Caldwell and I know how to throw a party). I took some great videos. We had a hug buffet and a concert lined up. Basically members/investigators preformed. We had a good mix of all types of music from opera to classical to pop. It was GREAT! 
This week has also been bitter sweet cause Sister Raney is "dying" (aka going home).  Soeur Caldwell and I planned some fun things that we did throughout the week to make it special for Sister Raney. We had a last super and a slumber party. We put her on a train this morning.  It was so hard. She is one of my great friends—we lived together 2 transfers.  We were all a mess! It’s hard to see a missionary so dedicated and in love with the work go home! She was a great example and friend. 
So you are probably on the edge of your seats wondering where I got transferred.  Well…Je reste! (aka I am staying!) Toulouse Round 4! I was pumped!!! I just kept praying....Heavenly Father just 1 more transfer! PLEASE!! When I got the dreaded transfer call its like they knew what I wanted.  In fact, their exact words were, "your dreams came true and you’re staying!" I squealed like a 12-year-old girl at a Justin Bieber Concert. The second half of the good news is that Soeur Caldwell and I are staying together!! YAY!  This is my first companion that isn’t leaving me! We are really excited! This past week we have really bonded and I feel like this next transfer is going to be full of miracles!  Woot, Woot!!  This means that I get to spend my 6 month mark in Toulouse! My home! The other great news is that practically my whole district is staying as well! Elder Hapairai-Hansen, Phelps, and Sagers!! All is well in Zion! (HaHa).
Thanks for all the prayers of love and support! I could really feel them!! You can still reach me at the same address and please continue to pray for my investigators!! We had a great week with all of them! 

Challenge of the week: Throw a party. Find something to celebrate and make it a big deal! Bake a cake, put up balloons...make something as simple as a great day a big deal! Lets get the world to party (and make saving covenants with the Lord :) (haha) Love life!! Because there’s a lot to love thanks to this Gospel!! 

XOXO 
Soeur Richardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment