Monday, January 20, 2014

January 20, 2014 - So Much French Food!

Bonjour ma famille!!! 
This week has been filled with food!! How perfect after setting new years resolutions.....boo! I can say I have grown yet another appreciation for my mission!!  My mission has really allowed me to experience a variety of cultures. Even though I live in France, most of my culturally enriching experiences have been from other parts of the world! This week I tried traditional African, Iranian, and Tahitian meals. After each of those meals, I said a prayer of gratitude. THEY WERE SO DELICIOUS!  Our Ami from Iran invited us over for a traditional meal. We ate a three course meal followed by a traditional "walk it off" walk after dinner. The dish was unreal good. It had apricots, chicken, green beans—the  perfect combo of sucrée et salée (sweet and salty)! And the African dish....WOWZER! Soeur Beeny and I were dying.  It was so delicious.  I did another exchange with a Tahitian missionary! I don’t know how they do it but they can just throw whatever they find in the kitchen into one pot and it tastes heavenly. What a skill!! I feel so blessed to experience so many cultures, ways of thinking, and different ways of living. I can see why people drop everything and travel the world to experience new cultures.  It’s extremely tempting but school, marriage, and kids sound great to :) 
This week was great. We were all in shock that another transfer has passed! Waiting for transfer calls is always such a nerve-racking experience. Normally we receive calls during our studies but for some reason the President was late by an hour and a half! We were all dying!! He called just a few minutes before we entered into an appointment. Soeur Witt and Soeur DeO are staying together.  I got the phone next and got the news I was staying and receiving Soeur Bowman. She came in the mission the same time as my Bleu Soeur Caldwell and Soeur Mod trained her!  I was really excited to stay in Chambery! Staying is always such a joy! But then again it also makes leaving (when the time comes) so much more difficult! Soeur Beeny was transferred to Angoulême. This is on the opposite side of the mission. She is just the greatest!! I am going to miss her like crazy!! She was a fabulous missionary filled with loads of energy!!! Elle a la pêché!! (direct translation: she has the peach hahah. What it really means is “She is full of enthusiasm!!” It was hard to put her on a train and say goodbye! I bawled like a baby in Sacrament meeting during her bye- bye testimony.....sigh. She is great! Although we went out with a bang aka made the most epic music video. Classy EFY music...classy sister missionaries...loads of energy....win, win, win!  It’s such a blessing to serve a mission and get to know my companions in ways that only a mission would provide! I have built friendships that will last my lifetime...and into the eternities! hahaha #cheesymissionary. 
We had loads of spirit filled appointments! It was amazing! We adjusted two baptismal dates and really prepared our other ami for the invitation!! It is going to take loads of work and a lot of miracles but....everything is possible!! We also had a rendezvous with a less active. She has a lot of opposition working against her but she has a daughter YW aged, I really want to work with her!! While we were at her house eating she kept burning toast. I don’t know why we thought it was funny...maybe it was the fact that she started with a whole loaf and only 4 pieces made it on the table. Hahaha. She is amazing but has been away from the church for quite some time. She now has a boyfriend and isn’ t following the Word of Wisdom...sigh. Oh and her boyfriend is completely against the church.....guess its time to roll up my sleeves and get to work!! Missionary work is just the best. The more I do it and give everything the better and better it gets!! 
Alright, just in case it wasn’t clear before.  I am staying in Chambéry and got Soeur Bowman! She is from Lindon, Utah and went to BYU.  She studied English and French. She went on a Study Abroad to Paris and graduated from PG High School.  That’s about all the info I can give you. When I asked her the question, “if you could describe yourself in one word what would it be?” She said, "shy." Hahahha. I love her already! We have been laughing the day away! She is really warming up to me!  She has only been here for an hour or so but she is fabulous!! We will make a great team! I am also grateful the other Soeurs that stayed here. The four of us have already been laughing up a storm and have clicked real well! This transfer has great things in store!! Sorry this email is sooo scattered!! But it’s been a crazy day!! I love you all!! Until next week!! 

Mom or anybody!! If you could send some really yummy recipes to the mission email that would be fabulous!! Soeur Roney is putting together a mission cookbook and is looking for some good additions. Knowing from experience...you are a delicious cook with great recipes!! 

Loves! 
Soeur Richardson 


No comments:

Post a Comment