Sunday, September 28, 2014

HOLY SMOLIES

August 19, 2014

Well. Its been done. Last one of my life. Sigh. #dramatic As you all know I get the honor of dying in Lyon. I WAS SO HAPPY. Literally, I cannot explain the peace and joy I felt!! My transfer call was hilarious as usual which included shout outs to the APs, loads of laughter, and "HOLY SMOLIES!". I am soooooo grateful for Pres. Roney! I am going to miss him soooo much! I received Soeur Magleby as my Comp! Soeur Roberts and me did "bible prophecies" the night before calls and my prophecy was I was training but staying in Lyon....well that’s what happened! I stayed and I am training Soeur Magleby to be STL! I was really excited to get her! She was coming from Chambery to! #twinners She is really nice! Love her so far, we get along greatly! She is from Murray, Utah! Yes dad...she is a Spartan! :) Yesterday was spent at the GARE rushing missionaries to their connecting trains. #whatsaPday 

When I woke up at 5h30  Monday morning and just started crying until 6h30. I couldn’t help it. I love my mission. I LOVE my mission. I honestly cannot explain my love for it. Monday was the first day of my last transfer. wow....I got down from my bed walked towards the bathroom and caught Soeur Bentley on the way to the bathroom. (Soeur Bentley ended her mission Monday afternoon) We hugged. Comforted each other and pretended to be strong! haha Call us dramatic but when you love something so much and things begin to end....its hard! I don’t want my mission to end. So I am going to work like its not until they force me on a plane. 

Last week was a blast! Literally so packed full of great memories! We had Pday at Presidents....my favorite things in the entire world!! We played volleyball, basketball, volleyball, soccer, volleyball...and volleyball! We also got fed a yummy lunch prepared by Soeur Povar. I love her! She is our mission nurse! After I got challenged in Ping Pong! Played an old rival from Toulouse hahaha it was so fun! Honestly I have the greatest missionaries in my mission! I feel so blessed with all the amazing people I have met thanks to my mission! 

We had a district meet Thursday. I LOVE DISTRICT MEETINGS!! The APs came hahaha our district leader was a bit nervous! It was a joy to have Elder Taua sit in! He is such a good missionary! I had the opportunity to bear my testimony on Christ....its always a fun/special moment when you get to bear testimony in front of other missionaries! Then me and Elder Phelps accompanied Elder Allen on the piano....yes we both accompanied him. I played right hand, E. Phelps played Left. Its was too complicated to play both hands at the same time so we tried one for each.......yaa.....we ruined the musical number!!! hahaha We tried our best! Had a pretty good laugh about it! Elder Phelps is unfortunately headed home  due to a foot injury! All of us missionaries were devastated to loose such a fabulous missionary! He had such "Nephi" faith! Didn’t complain once about the whole situation and just went forward with complete faith in his future! Golly it was impressive! It really showed me how much I am like Laman and Lemuel, complaining and questioning. I want to have Nephi faith. I have loads of work to do!! Thank goodness for great examples in the scriptures like Nephi, and good real life examples like Elder Phelps, President Roney, my family....etc.! 

We had Elder Elivedge our AP come and be our guest speaker at English Class! He is from England so had that wicked accent! Our class LOVED it and it was so nice of him to take the time to do it! We also had a birthday party for Soeur Yvars (a less active we work with) She adores us and we had such a fun time! She turns 68! I just love the mission you hang out with people who are literally more than double your age and its totally normal! We went to eat with our Amie, Jamilla! I have never had such a fun night in my life!!!! We laughed SO HARD! We were crying!!! I can’t even begin to explain our adventure together!!! It’s a story for another time!!! I will forever keep the Girls Night close in my heart!!! Ahhh man...I miss Soeur Roberts! 

Oh what an amazingly joyful life I live! And it is because I do the work of the Lord. I am SO HAPPY. And that’s what happened when we try our best! The Lord loves us! I am working hard to work my hardest! I love this gospel. I love my savoir! I LOVE my mission! Up, up, up can only go up from here!!!! Be a light!!! 

Love, 

Soeur Richardson 

No comments:

Post a Comment